Monday, January 31, 2011

Cold weather lesson #1

Ugh!! We are always learning from our mistakes. Moreso than from our successes. Today was lesson numero uno. Cars and the cold don't play well together. Everyone, I mean everyone, has their car winterized with some things to keep the onld engine warmed up and the battery toasty and happy. I bought a car not ready for the interior of Alaska (apparantly fine for wussy Anchorage especially if you have a garage) and thought I'd have time to get it set-up because the forecast has us no lower than the teens this week, HA!!! I weighed the liquor in the bar for inventory today at noon with the full sun blazing. It took maybe an hour, when I hit the remote start on my truck as I headed back to the office, no go!! I figured I'd hop in and start it right up. Nope!! Battery is now too weak to turn taco over. Ick!! Luckily I planned ahead and brought hat, gloves, warm coat. I had to hoof it back to the room for my Parka and fattie gloves though. The wind is howling through the area that I parked and according to my iphone the temp is down around -10 because of the wind. Get a battery blanket asap, lesson learned and maybe an Optima Redtop to go with it. Ugh!!!

No comments: