Tuesday, January 18, 2011

my crib :)

Hollie asked for pics of my new home for the next couple months. Here they are. I'm living in Fort Greely recreation lodging, these are old barracks turned into housing. Instead of 2 bedrooms with a shared bath between, dorm style, now each is a 2 bedroom apartment.

Radiator heat. These work amazingly. When you kick them on with the thermostat a wave of heat shoots out across the room. Of course, they creak and moan, which can be a bit scary at night when you aren't accustomed to them.  
The comforter and sheets are kind of cheap, but no worse than most hotels. The mattress is firm and comfy. My 1000 count sheets and heavy quilt should be here any day, yeah, I know, I'm spoiled.
The only thing missing so far is a coat rack, but I found an okay substitute.

The bathroom is hilarious. Can you say OLD SKOOL?! Pink tiles. The tub is wider, long and deeper than the ones I had in SC. Great for soaking in. I think the water comes out at 120, HOT!!!

Solid Porcelain and straight out of the 50's.

The living room, another radiator with seperate thermostat, flat screen with Outdoor Channel. Hello hunting shows and Alaska State Troopers. plus HBO and Showtime. Once my xbox360 shows up, this could be a little slice of heaven. Pretty decent overall, but still a hotel room more or less. I can't wait until I have my own place, rented or not.

No comments: