Sunday, January 16, 2011

Desk Job

My new office. Pretty basic but with all I need for now, minus a printer, computer I can access and phone that works. Other than that it's peachy :) and 70 degrees. The chair is comfortable.

This is the hallway that basically makes up the building. Maybe a dozen offices total, conference room, some storage, commo room, and a couple of bathrooms. The men's is right across the hall. No more walking from one end of Joe E. Mann to the other to use the latrine like at Jackson.

Two entrances. This is actually the ACS entrance but it is marked MWR Admin. Notice the mountains in the background.

My saving grace when walking to work. Parka and mittens. Notice the coyote fur ruff around the face. Ice forms on it and my moustache from my moist stinky breath and melts when I come inside. The gloves have been good to -40 without extra liners. Thanks Empire Canvas. The parka blocks the wind which is super important. My mittens are on lanyards tied to the armpits, so they can't get away. Everyone looks at me funny, I guess I'm overprepared.

Blueprints of the new Community Activity Center. You can see the 8 lanes of bowling at the top of the prints.

Arctic entry, of course its best to keep the doors closed.

Essentials in the Great White North. Arctic entry floor heat vent, shovel and ice melter on hand. Now if we could just keep the door shut.


Here is the ACS sign on the MWR entry. You can see the car plug ins across the way in the parking lot.

This is the view of the empty lot including the wild forest just out the front door. A moose, wolf, coyote or wolverine could be hiding in there. No bears right now though, they are napping for the winter.

No comments: