Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cold Weather Lesson #2

I walked to the DFAC for lunch today. it was a bit warmer and not as windy as yesterday so i figured I'd see if the truck would start as a lark. Vroom. She fired right up without hesitation. I figured the cold had drained the battery, apparantly it just made the crank too sluggish to turn over. Doesn't matter though since I ordered the necessary parts to winterize her.  I called Napa in town and asked about battery blankets, he recommended either a warming pad or better yet a trickly charger. Since you are plugging the thing in either way, I went with the trickle charger. Basically it warms the battery from the inside. I also have to get a freeze plug block heater and an oil pan pad heater and the connection to plug it altogether, basically a strip that everything plugs into, it better be much heavier built than the one in the living room behind the television since it cost $20! i already let the boss know tommorow late afternoon is my errand day to finish up with this truck stuff, get my registration, turn in my title, get my Alaska driver's license and probably see Fish and Game in case I decide to go ice fishing sooner than later.

No comments: