Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm not a baller

Wednesday, after swimming my mile on my way out, Ray grabbed me and asked me to play basketball with them. I am many things but a talented basketball player is not one of them. I played none the less. Lots of passing, a little defense and only a couple shots. I was 2 for 5. We were getting waxed pretty well by a team of mostly young soldiers. Something happened the second half. We played our game, slow and steady. They'd dish to me, I'd hit someone in the middle and we were catching up. Slowly but surely. Then we went ahead. Up by 5, up by 2, up by 3, up by 1, up by 3 with 2.7 seconds left. They got the ball in, and threw up a wild shot the ref blew the whistle, penalty. 3 shots from their best shooter. First shot, swoosh. Second shot, swoosh. Third shot, hits the back of the rim, rolls around and pops....out. OT baby. We won the jump and Jeremy hit a 3 right away. then we got 6 more unanswered points. By the end of the 4th minute and the buzzer we had spread the distance to 12 points. it was pretty fun. We played with 5 bodies against their 8 and edged them out with a total scab player....ME!!

No comments: