Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gobble Gobble 2011 and Black Friday weekend

I had to cancel my Thanksgiving plans due to a special event happening on Fort Irwin. On Thanksgiving proper I was set to work the pool but the GC cancelled it on Wednesday afternoon. I missed going to Illinois then had cancelled my plans to spend Turkey Day with Moonglow, but the 300 mile drive for a day trip wasn't worth the $150 in gas. On Black Friday, we began our Winterfest celebration at 1000 hours. Friday was a holiday market and tree sales and Saturday was the Daryl Worly (sp?) concert in the city center. Wednesday we set up the stage, Friday I helped set=up the Santa photo set and dj'ed the BOSS tree sale for a couple hours. Saturday, was breakfast with Santa which i skipped, and Santa pictures which I only stopped by to see how the pictures were coming out. They took over 300 pictures in something like 6 hours. I helped do some odds and ends until the Carolina Clemson game came on then I disappeared. I could still hear the concert from my room in the hotel but wanted to watch the first half of the game. I texted back and forth with Zac until the Gamecocks took a decent lead then he mysteriously went quiet. Hmmmmm. I wonder why?!!
The weather was amazing, the music really pretty good even though I'm not a huge country music fan and the tear down took around 2 hours total, so I was able to catch most of the 4th quarter of the game. 
Coyotes are popular around these parts.

Brown stetsons with ACUs. Toto this could be Kansas.

Garrison SGM being festive, sort of.

Tase me, tase me. 

Barry and Janet, Business Ops folks. They had a lucrative weekend for MWR.

The Black Horse Regiment. 

For some reason this hotdog statue reminds me of Foxy?! Probably the bald head.

Southern slaw dog special and "real" southern sweet tea. Diabetes anyone?!

the marketing and special events crew.

Daryl pulled the kiddies up for some Christmas tunes. Pretty damn precious.

He was cutting a rug with this kid dancing like Forest Gump.

Christmas Spirit.

Here's the stage I helped set-up. You can see the desert mountains in the background.
All in all not a bad weekend in my new hometown. While I didn't get any shopping done or get to visit anyone, I had a good time. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments: