Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chill weekend in Fairbanks 3

Contemporary artists of Alaska section of the museum.
.




I loved this quilt. It was so random and the colors were amazing.
This painting was gorgeous in the light. The water looked so ephemeral.
More mukluks.

The museum itself is a piece of artwork. 
This wasn't at the museum but rather at the bar that we ended up at every night, the Marlin. I guess it used to be called the Blue Marlin but it burnt down a few years back and the marlin is still there but since it is now a little crispy they dropped the blue part. Its a short walk from the house and the PBR flows like wine :)
There's hotdog joint upstairs from the Marlin. I got the Avery Special. Sauteed onions, Kraut and horsey mustard, good and spicy. Hebrew National kosher dog and a pickle of epic proportions. The rootbeer hit the spot. 
I was shaking from excitement. I love a good hotdog!!!

No comments: