Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ah sweet Venice. Whoops! Wrong one.

I had yet to visit the famed walkway of Venice Beach California. Saturday was to be that day. After hitting up the Autry Museum, it was down to the beach. I found a place to park the Prius just around the corner from the courts and muscle beach and fed the machine. The strip is a long stretch of street shops, weed peddlers (medicinal), cheap chinese crap, street performers, homeless folks chilling, odd food places and tourists. I hung at the courts to watch some basketball, watched a couple street performers and marched along with a drum section. i ended up dropping into a spot by the car that was a wine and tapas bar. i talked to the owners a bit, had a couple Venice Beach Brewery beers, a Mojito and a margherita flatbread. All in all it was pretty good. Venice isn't the nicest beach by a long shot, but it was cool to visit. I don't know if I'll go back myself, but if someone comes through that wants to see it, i'll take em. I'm more a Malibu guy but if i want some carnival fun, Santa Monica on the pier seems like a funner place to be. 
yep. $40 to get a weed card.


Where's Woody?! This white man definitely can't jump.

Street performance. 


The strip


More of the strip

cheesy beach clothes

drum line



I hit up Outdoor World on the way home. 
Didn't buy anything but looked for awhile.


I love mexican Coke. Sugar instead of HFCS and glass bottles. Reminds me of being a kid. It just tastes better. 

No comments: