Thursday, May 3, 2012

Around the lake

My recent workouts have involved walking around the lakes in Helendale, either 3 or 5 mile loops, plus doing squats, pushups, pullups and hitting the fitness equipment along the walkway. It's so nice early in the morning. this morning, I woke at 5 and did 3 miles getting home just as the sun was rising. Beautiful. 60 degrees, light breeze, ear buds in, awesome. 

This is without a doubt the best fitting ghd I've ever used, almost as if it was made just for me and only 1/4 mile from the front door. Lower Back, you should be afraid, very afraid.

My phone doesn't do it justice, but the sun was creeping over the mountains and doing the fades rainbow thing. It was gorgeous. 

I decided sushi was going to be dinner the other night, so I hoofed it down the lake a half mile to Red mango and got the Nigiri plate and seaweed salad. Pretty darn good. One or two pieces were a bit dry but what do you expect for a sushi place in a town of only 5000.


No comments: