Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Crossfit Garage

I have turned my garage into a Crossfit gym. The most recent additions have been a marker board and a plyometric box. The box was easy to build. We have a full woodshop on Fort Greely. Tablesaws, nailguns, clamps, routers, sanders and everything you could need. I have built 2 boxes so far. one was 20 x 24 x 28. The second one was 20 x 24 x 24, that's the one I kept for my garage. The first one, I donated to the Crossfit in Fairbanks. The first one took about 3 to 4 hours. The second one took an hour and a half. Of course, I did about 100 jumps on the 24" box last thursday while doing straight leg deadlifts, then ran about 2 hours of touch 7s rugby and then went to the Marlin Bar in Fairbanks and had a few too many beers. So slowly but surely, the overuse and the bad food choices mixing with the beer has made my gout unhappy in my left knee. I hate getting old. I guess I am really going to have to give up soda and beer for good completely. Ugh!! I love coke with mexican food!!
Saturday I had what I think is probably the best Torta I've ever had. Taco King in Fairbanks. And of course I had a coke. HFCS and gout, not good bedfellas.
My new plyo box

standard non descript whiteboard

pood and pood and half kettlebells, so much fun.

No comments: